Friday, April 18, 2008

Comparative Hunger

It is 10:30 and Caroline woke up 15 minutes ago. Today she is having surgery to unclog her tear ducts. The procedure is apparently not that complicated, but as is often the case, the preparation is the hardest part. She now past the point of no return and cannot eat or drink anything until 1:15 pm. I am not sure how she will do and we are a little anxious about the coming hours. However, I am reminded of how blessed my family is when I think about the current situation in Haiti (and various other parts of the world!) Caroline can't eat or drink for 4 more hours. Many children in Haiti go more than 24 hours with out a meal! So if you see this and remember to pray for us, thanks, but also take 5 minutes to pray for those around the world who don't know where their next meal is coming from.

-jonathan

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that your family never becomes inwardly focused, even when going through trials and stresses of your own. That is definitely something that I continue to try and learn from you!

Our Princess said...

You are so right! We all have no clue how blessed we are! I'm reading "There's No Me Without You" and I was totally struck by the amount of people in Africa who hope to get 1 meal a day. We are so spoiled with our 3 meals a day plus snacks!